• 500g – / 1 lb 2 oz – dark chocolate
• 75g – / 2.5 oz / 1/3 cup – unsalted Butter
• 400g – / 14oz can – sweetened condensed Milk
• 1.5 tsp – vanilla flavouring (extract)
- Lightly grease a 20cm/8-inch square cake tin.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and place in a large saucepan with the butter and condensed milk.
- Heat gently, until the butter and chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth.
- Do not allow to boil. Remove from the heat.
- Beat in the vanilla flavouring (extract), and then beat the mixture for a few minutes until thickened.
- Pour it into the prepared tin and level the top.
- Chill the mixture in the refrigerator until firm.
- Tip the fudge out onto a chopping board and cut into squares to serve.
- Tips: For chocolate peanut fudge, replace 50g / 1.5 oz / 4 tbsp of the butter with crunchy peanut butter.
- Don’t use milk chocolate to make this fudge as the results will be too sticky.
- Store the fudge in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 1 month. Do not freeze.