• 1 cup – thick juice of kokum
• 2 cups – Sugar
• 3/4 tsp – citric acid
• 1/4 tsp – sodium benzoate
- Put juice and sugar in a deep vessel. Heat and stir gently till sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a boil, simmer for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Switch off the stove and cool.
- Add sodium benzoate and mix well.
- Pour into sterilized sauce bottles, and seal.
- Refrigerate after a bottle is opened.
- When required:
- Add 2 tbsp juice in a 200 ml glass.
- Put 4 – 5 ice cubes, and top with cold water.
- Stir and serve chilled.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering