• 1 – small sweet muskmelon
• 1 litre – whole fat Milk
• 1 cup – fresh Cream
• 3/4 cup – Sugar
• 2 tbsp – Corn flour
• 2 drops – vanilla essence
- Peel, chop and mash muskmelon to pulp. Keep aside, refrigerated, till required.
- Bring milk to a boil.
- Cool 1/4 cup of milk.
- Dissolve corn flour in cold milk and keep aside.
- Boil milk for approximately 15-18 mins.
- Gently pour in dissolved corn flour, stirring continuously.
- Boil on low flame, for 3-4 mins.
- Take off fire, add sugar and vanilla essence.
- Stir, till sugar dissolves and, cool to room temperature.
- Cover with a plastic sheet or cling film.
- Set at the highest freezer setting, till almost set, but not hard.
- Remove, chop and beat till fluffy.
- Beat fresh cream a little and add to beaten ice cream.
- Add muskmelon pulp and fold in gently.
- Transfer back to freezer as before.
- Freeze till, well set.
- Scoop dollops and serve topped with kharbooja seeds sprinkled on top.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering