• 2 cups – cooked Rice (or leftover Rice)
• 3 – eggs
• 1 – small tomato, chopped
• 1 – small onion, chopped
• 2 – Green chillies
• A sprig – Curry leaves
• Mustard Seeds
• A pinch of Turmeric
• Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add mustard seeds. Let it crackle.
- Add curry leaves, onion and chillies. Fry for some time (till transparent). Lower the flame.
- Add turmeric and salt to taste.
- Now break the eggs into the kadai and scramble it till they are broken into tiny bit (don’t allow large egg lumps to form).
- Once the egg is cooked add the chopped tomatoes. Saute for one minute.
- Add to this the cooked rice and mix well.
- Place a lid over the kadai and let it stand for a few seconds and turn off the flame. Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Bina