• 1.75 cup – plain flour
• 1 cup – Sugar
• 1/2 cup – cocoa powder
• 1 tsp – sodium bicarbonate
• 1/2 tsp – salt
• 1/2 cup – cooking oil
• 1.5 cup – thick Butter milk
• 1 tsp – vanilla essence
• Cashew nuts – 8
- Powder sugar in a mixer
- Mix maida, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, sodium bicarbonate and salt
- Mix well and sieve these in a sieve
- To these dry ingredients, add cooking oil and mix
- Pour the buttermilk and mix very well with hands removing all the lumps
- The batter should be of thick pouring consistency.
- Adjust the buttermilk accordingly.
- Grease and powder a baking tin.
- Pour the batter, decorate with cashew nut pieces.
- Bake in a hot oven for 20-30 minutes.
- When cool, cut into pieces.
Recipe courtesy of Bhuvana