Halwasan is a famous sweet in Gujarat comes from khambat region. Traditionally, halwasan consist the basic Ingredients – wheat germ, milk, lemon juice and sugar to make. But if you looking for recipe of halwasan which can be zest you on fasting days, here’s the recipe of Farali Halwasan. Instead of using wheat germ, in farali halwasan you need singhare ka atta, rajgire ka atta and some other ingredient to prepare this it. Let’s have look for this mouth-melting recipe.
– 1 liter milk
– 200 gm powdered sugar
– 1 tablespoon rajgira ka atta
– 1 tablespoon singhare ka atta
– 1 teaspoon edible gum powder (gaund)
– 3 tablespoons ghee
– 1 tablespoon blanched and slivered almonds
– 1 tablespoon charoli
– 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
– 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg powder
– Citric acid
– Edible silver foils, for garnishing
How To Cook?
1. In a brass vessel, add powdered sugar and ghee and over lower heat fry till sugar caramelized.
2. Heat ghee in a pan and add rajgira ka atta, singhare ka atta and edible gum powder roast it till golden brown.
3. Meanwhile, bring the milk to boil in a vessel. Once it starts boiling immediately add diluted citric acid and continue to boil, stirring continuously, till the milk curdle and separates from the whey.
4. Then add saut?ed flour and caramelized sugar to the curdle milk while stirring continuously and cook it till the mixture is thickened.
5. Remove from the flame and add charoli, slivered almonds, cardamom powder and nutmeg powder. Mix well and allow it to cool.
6. Once it’s cool, make balls and roll on edible silver foil and serve.
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes