• 500g – fish fillets
• 2 – large onions, chopped
• 2 – green peppers (capsicum), chopped into one-inch pieces
• Salt to taste
• 1 tsp – pepper powder
• 1 tsp – chilli powder
• 1 tsp – chopped Garlic
• 3 tbsp – Tomato puree
• 2 tsp -chopped Celery
• 2 tbsp – oil
• 2 tsp – Lime juice
• 2 – large tomatoes, chopped
- Wash the fish and keep aside.
- Mix the chopped onions, tomatoes, and capsicum together.
- In a buttered baking dish, place a layer of the onions, tomatoes, and capsicum and then a layer of the fish fillets.
- Repeat the layers ending with a layer of onions, tomatoes, and capsicum.
- Spread the chopped garlic and celery on top.
- Mix the lime juice, tomato puree, oil, salt, pepper, and chilli powder together and pour over the layers.
- Shake the dish a little so that it seeps to the bottom.
- Bake in a moderate oven (355 degrees F) for 45 minutes.
- This dish should be a little moist.
- Serve with bread or rolls and butter.
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White