• 2 ripe Tomatoes
• 2 cups Sugar
• 1 cup mixed fruits (Apple, Banana, Pineapple, Ripe Mango etc)
• 1/2 tsp vanilla essence (Optional)
- Blend two tomatoes into a smooth paste in a mixer after adding a cup of water. Pour this juice in a pan.
- Peel the fruits, dice them into small pieces.
- Add the fruits and sugar to the tomato juice and bring it to a boil.
- Keep stirring occasionally.
- After the fruits get cooked and the raw smell of tomato disappears, add the vanilla essence.
- When bubbles appear and the pudding is thick in consistency, remove the pan from the stove.
- In a kadai, heat the ghee and add cashewnuts that have already been cut into small pieces.
- When the cashews turn golden brown in colour, pour the ghee and cashewnuts into the pudding and stir.
- This pudding can be stored in the refrigerator for a week and can be eaten cold.
Recipe courtesy of Ramya Narayan