• 4 cup – full Cream Milk
• 1 kg – carrots, scraped and grated
• 1/4 to Â½ cup – Sugar
• 5 tbsp – Ghee
• 8 to 10 Cardamoms (pounded)
• blanched and slivered handful Raisins (optional)
- Bring the milk and carrots to boil on the fire.
- Put into a large microwave safe bowl.
- Cook at 100% power for 20-25 minutes, stirring thrice till all the milk has been absorbed.
- The timings vary depending on the moisture in the carrots.
- Add the sugar and stir vigorously to dissolve it. Also add the ghee and cardamom.
- Continue to cook at 80% power for 5 minutes stirring once. The fat will separate.
- Pour into a serving dish and garnish with remaining nuts and raisins.