• 1.5 cups – millet flour
- Add the yeast and maple syrup to the water and let stand until the yeast starts to bloom, about 5-10 minutes.
- Mix the various flours together with the baking soda, flax meal, egg replacer, and xanthan gum. Whisk everything thoroughly to ensure it’s all mixed together.
- Add the almond milk to the yeast-water mixture along with the flours and salt.
- Mix using the paddle attachment on a stand mixer or by hand. Drizzle in the oil as you mix. Continue to mix for about 8 minutes or until everything’s well-incorporated and you have a fairly smooth-looking, batter-like dough.
- Oil a standard 9 by 5 inch loaf pan. Pour the dough into the pan and, using a spatula, even out the top as best as you can.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and let it rise in a warm place for 60-90 minutes or until the dough has domed around the top of the pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the bread for 55 minutes. Insert a thermometer in the middle at the end of baking. It should register at least 200 degrees.
- Remove the loaf from the oven and let it stand on a rack until cool enough to handle, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the loaf pan and continue cooling the bread on the rack.
- Recipe courtesy: Holy Cow Vegan