Fresh cauliflower combined with various blend of spices to make a rich and spicy pickle
2 1/2 cups (500 gm) phool gobhi (cauliflower), small florets
3 tablespoon peeli sarson (yellow mustard seeds)
1 tablespoon turmeric powder
2 tablespoon red chilli powder
1 tablespoon fennel seeds
2 cups oil
2 1/2 tablespoon salt
1. Wash cauliflower and wipe dry.
2. Heat oil and turn off the gas.
3. When oil is warm, yellow mustard seeds, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, fennel seeds and salt.
4. Keep aside to cool.
5. Add completely dry cauliflower in the mixed spices and mix well.
6. Cauliflowers should be completely immersed in oil mixture, leaving 2 cm of oil border on top. If not then heat appropriate amount of oil, cool it and mix with the achar.
7. Store the Achar in a porcelain jar and keep it in a dry place.
8. Achar will be ready to eat in a week’s time.