• 2 – big green cooking Bananas
• 4 – green chillies, chopped
• 1 – onion, sliced
• 1/2 tsp – Mustard Seeds
• 2 tbsp – oil
• salt to taste
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 5 or 6 Curry leaves
- Pressure cook green bananas without removing the skins for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the pressure cooker and when it is cold, peel the skin, mash and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a suitable pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When they begin to crackle, add green chillies, curry leaves and onions and fry until onions turn golden brown.
- Add the mashed plantain, salt and turmeric powder and stir well.
- Simmer for a few more minutes.
- Serve as a side dish.
- Recipe Courtesy: Anglo-Indian Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White