• 6 slices large sandwich bread
• 1 Cucumber
• 2 Tomatoes
• 2 Onions
• 2 potatoes, boiled & peeled
• 1/2 cup – cabbage, finely shredded
• 1/2 cup – spring onions, finely chopped
• 1 cup – cheese grated
• 2 tbsp – green all purpose chutney for sandwiches
• Tomato sauce
• Butter for bread
- Slice tomatoes, onions, cucumber, potato in thin rounds.
- Butter both sides of bread slices.
- On one side of three slices apply chutney.
- One side of three slices apply sauce.
- Place chutney slice side facing up on a plate.
- Place layers of cucumber, potato, tomato, onion.
- Sprinkle some shredded cabbage, spring onion.
- Top with plenty of grated cheese.
- Place sauce slice with sauce side down, over cheese.
- Press sandwich lightly.
- Place carefully on a preheated grill of grill toaster.
- Check to adjust if both plate are on highest gap level.
- Grill to a golden brown, cut into 2 triangles.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi