2 cups sour dahi (curd)
2 tablespoon gud (jaggery)
2 tablespoon besan (bengal gram)
2 sprig curry leaves
2 green chilies, chopped
1 inch ginger, chopped
Pinch of hing (asafoetida) powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/ 4 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
Salt to taste
1. Beat curd and besan until smooth. Add water and salt.
2. Now heat this mixture in a kadhai, stirring continuously until a boil comes.
3. Now simmer for 12-15 minutes.
4. Add jaggery, cloves and boil for another minute.
5. For tadka, heat oil in a kadhai or small pan, add hing, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, curry leaves and allow it to crackle.
6. Add green chilies and ginger and fry for a minute.
7. Pour tadka in kadi and mix well.
8. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves just before serving.
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes