Indo Mexican preparation of beans stuffed and baked in taco shells
1 cup maida (plain flour)
1/2 cup cornflour
1 tin baked beans (optionally use white beans soaked overnight)
1 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped capsicum
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1 teaspoon black pepper powder
Sliced onions and tomatoes for garnishing
Oil for frying
Salt to taste
1. Sieve maida, cornflour, 1 teaspoon salt together.
2. Using little water at a time, knead into medium soft dough.
3. Divide into small round balls of equal portions.
4. Roll into round chapati. With the help of a knife, make a slit from the center of the chapati to the edge along the radius of the center, slitting only half the diameter.
5. Now holding one slit edge, shape the chapati into a cone and seal the edges along the sides. Only the top circle should be open.
6. Deep fry these cones until crispy and golden brown, taking care not to close the open circle.
7. Remove on absorbent paper.
8. Heat oil in a pan, stir fry onions and capsicum until transparent.
9. Now add tomatoes and fry until oil separates.
10. Add black pepper powder, beans, salt and fry for another 3-4 minutes.
11. Add little water to maintain a semi thick consistency.
12. Remove from heat once done.
13. Take taco shells prepared above and stuff it with the beans mixture, sprinkle sliced onions, tomatoes and cheese on top and bake them in preheated oven at 350°F for 15 minutes.
Cooking time: 45-50 minutes