• 2.5 cups – Wheat flour
• 1/2 cup -Jowar flour
• 1 bunch – Spinach, chopped, washed, drained
• 1/4 cup – Cleaned and chopped, Coriander leaves
• 1 or 2 – Green chillies, chopped
• 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1 tsp – Ghee or oil
• Salt to taste.
- Blend spinach, coriander leaves and green chillies in a mixier until smooth.
- Sieve together the flours and salt.
- Add the spinach mixture to the flour and knead it in to make a soft pliable dough.
- Keep covered for 10-15 minutes.
- Brush ghee over the dough.
- Knead again, until smooth and elastic.
- Divide into ball sized portions.
- Roll out into thin chapattis.
- Heat the tawa (griddle) and cook on both the sides.
- Drizzle oil, to shallow fry.
- Serve hot with veggies or dal.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering