Hot and sour prawn is a traditional Thai soup recipe. It’s very easy and quick soup recipe to worth tryout during the winter days. Lemon grass, chilies and chicken stock add?richness in this soup. You can adjust the spiciness of the soup as you like. Taste your bud with this delicious soup.
– 2 cup prawn raw, (devein, peel and keep the shell aside)
– 1 tablespoon lemon grass, slices
– 1 tablespoon grated lemon ring
– 1 liter chicken stock
– Salt to taste
– 1 tablespoon lime juice
– 1 tablespoon chili paste
– 12 medium size mushroom (cut into quarters and place in salted water and boil for a minute, drain keep aside)
– 1 green chilies, slice finely
– Few sprigs of coriander leaves
How To Cook?
1. Shell and devein the prawns, reserving the shells.
2. Rinse the shells and add them into a pan. Then add chicken stocks to the pan.
3. Now, add lemon grass stalks with half of the lemon leaves.
4. Let this mixture boil and reduce the heat to the LOW and simmer the mixture gently till the color of lemon grass is changed and the stock becomes fragrant.
5. Boil the soup for 5-6 minutes.
6. Strain the stock and discard the solids.
7. Again let the stock to a simmer and then add prawns and mushrooms.
8. Stir in the lemon juice, celery, red chilies, green onion and lemon leaves.
9. Adjust the seasoning.
10. Garnish the soup with green onions and serve hot.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Servings: 2 Persons