Spicy fried idli snack
8-10 idlis, cut into four
1 medium chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
2 sprig curry leaves
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1-2 dry red chilies
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
2 teaspoon oil
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a kadhai, add mustard seeds, red chilies, curry leaves and allow to crackle.
2. Add onion and fry until golden brown. Now add tomatoes and fry until oil separates.
3. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, lemon juice and fry for two minutes.
4. Add idlis, salt and fry for 3-4 minutes.
5. Garnish with a coriander leaves and serve hot.
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes