Imarti or Jaangiri is a famous sweet of Rajasthan. Imarti is made with urad dal and dipped into sugar syrup. Imarti is made and eaten during all major festivals of India. Imarti is very soft and easily melt in your mouth. Let’s make Imarti with below given steps.
– 25 gram urad dal
– 250 gram sugar
– A few drops yellow food color
– 1/4 tsp. essence of saffron
– 1 cup Milk
– Silver foil
How To Cook?
1. Soak dal whole night in water.
2. Next morning drain out the water nicely and grind to a paste.
3. Mix in essence and color and set aside.
4. Put 2 cups water in sugar and prepare a syrup of one thread consistency.
5. Remove from fire and keep it warm.
6. Put enough mil in dal to make a thick batter.
7. Heat enough ghee for deep frying to smoking, lower the heat, then pour the batter either through a thick cloth with a hole in the center or a coconut shell with a small central hole and form the batter into two coils sticking to each other and then form small circles all-round the coils overlapping each other.
8. Deep fry each imarti to a golden color.
9. After 10 minutes remove from syrup and put in a clean plate.
10. Cover with silver foil before serving.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 hours
Servings: 4 Persons