• 300 gm – plain flour
• 60 gm – solidified Ghee
• 100 gm – Butter
• 1 tsp – salt
• Plain flour for dusting
- Rub solidified ghee into flour till crumbly.
- Make well in centre.
- Add salt in it.
- Add 1 cup cold water, mix till dough is formed.
- Use more water if required, to make a soft dough.
- Knead for 3-4 minutes till smooth.
- Keep aside covered for 10 minutes.
- Roll into a rectangle, 18 x 4 x 1/2 inch approx., with help of dry flour for dusting.
- Dust away excess flour.
- Spread fat over the rectangle keep a 1/2 inch margin all around.
- Roll rectangle into a tight roll, pressing sides to keep ghee inside intact.
- Dust liberally with dough, place in chiller compartment of refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Remove, roll back to a rectangle.
- Brush with very little ghee.
- Fold outer thirds onto central portion.
- Brush with flour, return to chiller for 15 minutes.
- Roll again, cut into desired shapes (rectangle, triangle, etc.).
- Place on a greased baking sheet, brush with ghee.
- Place in preheated oven at 200 C for 15 minutes.
- Reduce thereafter to minimum (50 C or lower) for 10 mins to allow drying out.
- Remove place on racks till fully cooled, before storing in airtight container.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering