Rawa dhokla is a famous Gujarati recipe that is very deliciously soft and spongy snack. This dish is prepared from semolina (rawa/suji). To make this dish delicious you can add your favorite vegetables and make a vegetable rawa dhokla. Rawa Dhokla is a healthy snack as it is steamed and very less oil is used to make tempering. Rawa Dhokla is an instant and easy recipe, which you can make in you breakfast or for your children’s lunchbox. Let’s see how to make instant rawa dhokla at home.
– 1 1/2 cups Semolina (rawa/suji)
– 1/4 cup chopped Green capsicum
– 2 tablespoons Corn kernels
– 1 teaspoon Ginger-green chili paste
– 1/4 cup Butter
– Salt to taste
– 1 1/2 teaspoons Fruit salt
– 1 tablespoon Oil
– 1/4 teaspoon Mustard seeds
– 1/4 teaspoon Cumin seeds
– 1/4 teaspoon Sesame seeds
– A pinch Asafoetida (hing)
How To Cook?
1. In a bowl add semolina, green capsicum, sweet corn, ginger chili paste, butter, salt and 2 tablespoons water and mix them together.
2. In a steamer, add required water. Before starting steaming the batter add fruit salt and 2 tablespoon water to the batter and mix them well.
3. Pour a ladleful of the batter in a greased thali and steam for 10-15 minutes or till done.
4. When the dhokla is ready cut them in diagonal pieces.
5. Now, in a non-stick pan, heat the remaining oil then add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, sesame seeds and asafoetida and allow the seeds splutter once its done pour this oil over the dhoklas.
6. You delicious rawa dhokla is ready to serve. Serve hot dhokla with the coriander chutney and ginger-chili chutney.
Preparation Time: 15-20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 Minutes