Baked tomatoes with cheese and herbs
7 small tomatoes
1 cup tomato ketchup
2 tbsp chilli sauce
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp dried oregano herb
1/2 cup grated cheese
2 tbsp oil or olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Blanch tomatoes, skin will start coming out once the tomatoes are blanched.
Drain, remove the skin and place whole tomatoes in a baking dish.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
3. Add tomato ketchup, chilli sauce and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Add oregano herb, salt and pepper to taste.
5. Remove from heat and pour the sauce over the tomatoes.
6. Sprinkle grated cheese and bake the tomatoes for 10-15 minutes in the oven or until cheese melts and turns light brown.
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes