• 10 to 12 – pieces jack fruit
• 1 cup – Green peas
• 1 cup – Coconut Milk
• 1 cup – chopped Tomato
• 3/4 cup – cooked boiled Rice
• 2 tbsp – Ginger Garlic paste
• Garam Masala powder, Red Chilli powder, javitri, cumin, cardamom, Bay Leaf to temper
• Proportionate oil to cook
• Cashewnuts, chopped mint, coriander and fried Onions to garnish
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin bay leaf, javitri, cardamom and onions and saute well.
- Add ginger garlic paste, tomato and green peas and jack fruit, sautee further.
- Add garam masala powder, red chilli powder, salt, coconut milk and let the mixture cook.
- In a serving pan, add a little ghee, coriander and mint and layer rice
- Put the jackfruit mixture over the rice and work out similar layer of rice and jackfruit curry.
- Top it up with cashewnuts, brown onions, and cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook it in pre-heated oven at 220C for 10-15 min or keep the pan on a hot tawa on a low flame for 20 min.
- Let the biryani cook, just before serving open the lid and enjoy.
Recipe courtesy of Shilpa