Kanji vada is a tasty liquid extract of a food. Kanji vada is basically made on the occasion of the Holi. Kanji Vada is a time consuming recipe, so you need to make it few days before holi. Kanji Vada gives you a rich flavour of mustard seeds, red chilli powder and chilled water. Enjoy this kanji vada recipe and celebrate your holi.
– 500 gm Moong Dal
– Salt to taste
– A pinch of asofetida
– 2 teaspoon red chilli powder
– 6 glass water
– A pinch of baking powder
– 4 teaspoon mustard seeds (rai)
– Oil for deep frying
How To Cook?
1. Wash the moong dal properly and soak it for 4 hours and then grind to it in a fine paste, add some water while grinding the moon dal. Make a little beat thick batter.
2. Beat the batter well till it becomes light and fluffy.
3. Now, add salt, baking powder to the batter and again beat it.
4. Now, Take a frying pan and pre-heat oil.
5. Take a little batter and give it a shape of small ball, then flatten from the top of the ball and put it into hot oil.
6. Deep fry this balls on MEDIUM heat for 2-4 minutes and then fry on LOW heat till it turns golden brown in color.
7. soak the vadas in to water for 1 hour then drain and squeeze out the water by pressing them between your palms.
8. Now, mix the salt, red chili powder, mustard seed powder, asafetida into 1 litre water.
9. Add fried vadas into the water and cover the mouth of the jug or pot with a cloth and place it into refrigerator to cool for 24 hours.
10. Serve chilled Kanji vada.
Preparation Time: 1 Day + 40 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Servings: 4-5 Persons