• 500 gms – fresh ground lean lamb
• 1 cup – fine crushed Wheat (borghul)
• 1 – small onion, peeled and and finely chopped
• 5 gms – (50 leaves) fresh Basil leaves, finely chopped
• 1 tsp – salt to taste
• 1 tsp – Cinnamon powder
• For garnishing :
• 3 tbsp – Olive oil
• 1 tsp – Peanuts or Walnuts
• Fresh Mint leaves
- Put the crushed wheat (borghul) in a sieve.
- Rinse for 2 mins. under cold running water.
- Then drain to remove as much moisture as possible by using the back of a spoon to press out excess water.
- It should be dry to the touch.
- Put the crushed wheat in a large bowl and add the onion, basil, salt, cinnamon and allspice.
- Mix in the meat. Dip your hand in the cold water and knead mixture until it is firm and soft.
- Place on your chosen platter and garnish with fresh mint, walnuts and olive oil.