Kesar Kaju Katli, the quickest and delicious festival sweets recipe. It’s all-time favorite traditional Indian sweet. Kesar kaju katli is a very delicious treat for any festival or special occasion. It is very easy to make and the taste of it is great. This Indian sweet made with cashew nuts, sugar and saffron. It is an ideal sweet snack for Diwali celebration. Try once you will surely like it.
– 1 cup cashew nuts, broken into 2 pieces
– 1/4 cup milk
– 3/4 cup sugar
– 1/2 cup water
– 10-12 saffron strands
– 1 teaspoon pure ghee
– 2 tablespoons of milk for removing scum from the sugar syrup
How To Make?
1. First, grease the plate with little ghee and set aside.
2. Take cashew nuts in a bowl and soak them into hot water for about 1 1/2 hours. Drain the excess water.
3. Grind soaked cashew nuts with ? cup of milk to smooth paste.
4. Place sugar in a pan and add water to it over low flame let this mixture simmer. Once the sugar dissolved completely water starts boiling, add 2 tablespoons of milk and boil for a few more seconds.
5. When the scum will come out to the surface, remove the pan from the heat and filter the sugar syrup.
6. Again boil the sugar syrup until you get a one string consistency.
7. Then add cashew nuts paste and saffron strands. Over medium low flame cook the cashew nuts paste by stirring it continuously.
8. When the cashew nuts mixture got thicken and starts to leave sides of pan remove the mixture to the greased plate.
9. Spread this cashew nuts mixture evenly with the help of rolling pin then set aside and let it cool slightly.
10. Now, cut it with sharp knife into desired shape.
11. Your Kesar Kaju Katli is ready to serve.
Preparation Time: 2 Hours
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes