• 2 cups – thin Coconut Milk (fresh or canned)
• 1 cup – dates, de-seeded and chopped into small pieces
• 1/2 cup – whole Milk (optional)
• 1 to 2 tbsp – jaggery, powdered
• 1 tsp – cardamom, powder
• 3 to 4 tbsp – cashew nuts, fried in Ghee
- Keep aside few pieces of dates for garnishing and grind the rest to a smooth paste along with half the coconut milk.
- Empty the paste into a heavy-bottomed pan and bring to boil on the stove.
- Add the remaining coconut milk, jaggery powder, cardamom powder and boil till it thickens.
- Remove from stove, garnish with the remaining date pieces and fried cashews and serve hot.