• 150 gms – mava (khoya)
• 3 cups – Milk
• 1.5 cup – Sugar
• 3 tbsp – Ghee
• 1 tbsp – Almonds (crushed coarsely)
• 1 tbsp – Pistachios (crushed coarsely)
• 1 tbsp – Charoli (crushed coarsely)
• 150 gms – kharak (dry dates)
- Soak the dry dates overnight.
- Drain the water in the morning.
- Remove the seeds and crush in a mortar or liquidize.
- Heat the milk, add sugar and the dry dates.
- When the mixture becomes thick, add the mawa and boil further.
- The mixture will become thicker.
- Then add the ghee (pure ghee is preferable) and stir till the mixture becomes still thicker.
- Now add the nuts and stir till the halwa ceases to stick to the sides of the pot.
- Serve warm with cream or malai spread on top.