• For the modak:
• 1 cup – grated khoya
• 1/4 cup – powdered Sugar
• A few strands of Saffron dissolved in Milk
• Pista and silver wark as required
• For the Pooran:
• 1/4 cup – grated Coconut
• 2 tbsp – powdered Jaggery
• A few drops of Ghee
• 2 tbsp – water
• 1/2 tsp – Cardamom powder
- For the coconut pooran:
- Melt jaggery with a little water and filter to remove dust.
- Bring to a boil till one thread consistency.
- Add ghee and grated coconut.
- Stir well till it becomes thick.
- Add cardamom powder.
- Set aside and cool.
- For the pooran modak:
- Combine the mava and powdered sugar in a heavy bottomed pan and cook on a slow flame, while stirring continuously till the sugar has dissolved and the moisture has evaporated.
- Remove from fire.
- Add the saffron and cool.
- Divide the mixture into two equal lemon sized balls.
- Fill pooran in each portion and shape into laddoos.
- Decorate with saffron, silver virk and pista.
Recipe courtesy of Suman Agrawal