• Rice Flour – 2 cups
• Grated Coconut – 1.5 cups
• Jaggery – to taste
• Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
• Boiling water – enough to make a dough
• Salt – to taste
- For the filling, mix the grated coconut, cardamom powder and scraped jaggery.
- Add boiling water and salt to the rice flour and mix it with a spoon first and then knead to a soft dough when it cools down a bit.
- Take some dough about the size of a small orange and make it to a ball and then flatten it by pressing it on the palm of one hand using the other hand.
- It should not break.
- Now, place a tbsp of coconut jaggery filling in the center and cover it up to form a ball.
- Repeat till all the flour is used up.
- Steam these balls in a pressure cooker or idli vessel till cooked.
- Serve hot or cold.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi