• 200 g- Corn kernels
• 1 palmful – yellow moong (green gram)
• 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
• 1 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• salt as per taste
• 1 tsp – Sugar (if required)
- Grind corn in the mixer to make a rough paste. Put this in a microwavable bowl and add the moong to it.
- Add some water and microwave for around 10 minutes.
- Now, put this in a vessel.
- Add some turmeric powder, salt, sugar (if you are not using the cream style sweet corn) and chilli powder to this and steam for around 10 minutes.
- Once it’s steamed, take some oil in a kadai.
- Put some mustard and allow it to sputter.
- Add the steamed corn to this and keep on stirring.
- Once, it starts to thicken, turn off gas and add a dash of lime. Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Lata Ganesan