Makkai ki roti is a traditional food of North India. In Punjab, it is very popular and normally it is called as ?Makki di roti?. This famous Punjabi roti is made from maize flour means makki ka aata. Traditionally, it is served with sarson ka sag. To enjoy this excellent recipe at your home here are some easy steps to follow.
– 250 gm maize flour
– 1 teaspoon ghee
– Salt to taste
– 4 tablespoons butter
– Warm water to knead the dough
– Pure ghee for frying
How To Cook?
1. In a bowl, place maize flour and add salt to it and mix it well.
2. Now, add warm water to the flour and knead it into semi-stiff dough.
3. Then divide the dough into equal sized balls.
4. With the help of extra flour roll out each ball into a round, patting it with the palm and fingers till it is 1/2 thick.
5. Now, cook it on a dry tava on medium heat till the roti is cooked on both sides and well brown.
6. Then apply 1 teaspoon of pure ghee on both sides and fry for a minute more.
7. Take off from the flame and apply butter over it.
8. Enjoy this Makkai Ki Roti with Sarson Ka Sag.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes