2 cups basmati rice or long grained rice
2 tablespoon chopped tomatoes
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 black cardamom
1-2 green cardamom
1 inch cinnamon
1 1/2 cups fresh coriander leaves
2-3 green chilies
1 inch ginger piece
2-3 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
1. Wash and soak rice for 15-20 minutes. Drain rice and keep aside.
2. Grind together green coriander, green chilies, ginger and garlic to smooth chutney. Keep aside.
3.Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add cumin seeds, cinnamon, cloves, black and green cardamom, and allow it to crackle.
4.Now add green chutney and saute for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and saute for 5 minutes.
6. Add drained rice, salt to taste and stir for 2 minutes.
7. Add 2-3 cups of water and bring to boil. Cover the pressure cooker.
8. Bring to high pressure and cook for 11-12 minutes over high heat or until a whistle comes.
9. Turn off the heat and allow the pressure to come down naturally for 20 minutes.
10. Remove the lid tilting away so as to allow any excess steam to escape.
11. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot.
Cooking time: 30 minutes