Fried and puffed whole meal and gram flour puri with spices
1 cup whole meal (wheat) flour
1/2 cup gram flour (besan)
1 teaspoon ajwain (carom seeds)
2 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon red chilli powder
Salt to taste
Water for kneading
Oil for deep frying
1. Sieve wheat flour, gram flour and salt together. Mix ajwain, red chilli powder and oil well using your hands.
2. Add little water at a time and knead into a stiff to medium dough.
3. Cover with a muslin cloth and keep for 10 minutes.
4. Divide into small balls of equal portions and roll it into a small round puri. Apply ghee or oil if needed while rolling.
5. Heat oil in a wok (kadahi) and fry puri one by one until puffed and light golden brown.
6. Remove and drain on absorbent paper.