• 1 cup – Basmathi Rice
• 3 – medium ripe Tomatoes (cut into pieces)
• 1 – medium Onion (sliced)
• 3 to 4 – Small Green chillies
• 2 tbsp – Ghee
• A handful of fresh or Frozen Peas
• Salt to taste
• Cinnamon, Clove and Curry leaves for sputtering
• Fried Cashewnuts and chopped Coriander leaves for garnishing.
- Wash the rice and soak it for 5-10 mins.
- Heat the pressure pan, add ghee and splutter the cinnamon, cloves and curry leaves.
- Then fry the green chillies and onion till they are transparent in colour.
- Add the tomatoes and cook till they are soft.
- Then add the green peas and rice and fry for 3-4 mins.
- Add 1.5 cups of water and salt to taste.
- Close the lid and pressure cook for 20 mins or 2 whistles.
- Garnish with fried cashewnuts and coriander leaves.
- Serve with onions or cucumber raita and garlic papads.
Recipe courtesy of Alamu