Mohanthal is a sweet made from gram flour, saffron and nuts. It’s a delicious sweet of Gujarat. Mohanthan is basically made during Diwali and other auspicious occasions.
– 250 gm gram flour (besan)
– 350 gm ghee
– 250 gm khoya (mava)
– 200 gm sugar
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
– A pinch of saffron (kesar)
– 1 tablespoon chopped almonds (badam) and pistachios
How To Make?
1. Take a bowl and add gram flour (besan) and 10 to 12 teaspoon of hot ghee and milk and mix it well, covered it and keep it aside for 10-15 minute.
2. Now sieve this mixture.
3. Take a frying pan and add 3 tablespoon ghee and add the sieved besan mixture and saute on MEDIUM heat, stirring continuously, till becomes dark in color.
4. Now, add Khoya to it and again saute it on heat for 2-3 minutes
5. Now, take a pot and mix sugar and water to it and make sugar syrup.
6. Then add Saffron, cardamom powder and sauted gram flour and mix it well and stirring continuously.
7. Remove it from the flame and pour the mixture into the greased rectangular pan. Make a thick layer of about 2 inches of the mixture.
8. Garnish with chopped almonds (badam) and pistachios and keep it aside to cool.
9. Cut mohanthal into square pieces and store it into air tight container to use for about 2 weeks.
Preparation Time: 15 Minute
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes