Sweet and aromatic dessert made from moong dal
2 cups yellow moong dal
4-5 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
3-4 cups warm water
2 cups sugar
1 cup crushed Mawa or Khoya (Visit Basic Preparations)
1/2 cup coarsely crushed cashew nut
1/4 teaspoon green cardamom powder
Few silver vark (optional)
1. Wash, soak moong dal for 4-5 hours.
2. Grind daal in as less water as possible into a fine paste.
3. Heat ghee in heavy bottom pan (kadhai).
4. Add dal paste and cook over low to medium heat till golden brown.
5. Keep stirring to keep it from stcking to the bottom of kadhai.
6. When dal is cooked, pour warm water and sugar.
7. Stir for 3-5 minutes.
8. Cook Khoya in a separate pan till ghee separates.
9. Now add khoya in cooked dal and stir for 5 minutes.
10. Add cashewnut and stir for 1 minute.
11. Garnish with green cardamom powder or silver vark.