2 cups (200 gm) boiled basmati (long grained) rice
2 small potatoes, diced
1/2 cup (100 gm) carrots, diced
1/4 cup (50 gm) french beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2 cup cauliflower florets
Small piece cinnamon
1 bay leaf
1/4 cup (50 gm) cashewnut
1-2 whole dry red chilli
4-5 garlic cloves
1 inch ginger piece
2 big onions
1 cup curd
1/2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
1/4 cup mint leaves, chopped
2 green chilies, chopped
1 teaspoon garam masala
4-5 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
Oil for frying
1. Heat 2 tablespoon ghee in a big kadhai, add cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves, bay leaf and allow it to crackle.
2. Now add boiled rice, salt and fry for 3-5 minutes, or until rice is mixed properly.
3. Mix chopped coriander, mint leaves, green chilies, pinch garam masala into curd and keep aside.
4. Fry cashewnuts in ghee and keep aside.
5. Separately fry all vegetables except onion, drain and keep aside.
6. Slice 1 onion and fry to a golden brown. Keep aside.
7. Grind 1 onion, dry red chilies, garlic and ginger to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
8. Heat 2 tablespoon ghee in a kadhai and fry the onion paste until oil separates.
9. Add carrots, potatoes, cauliflower, beans and fry for 5-7 minutes.
10. Add the curd mixture, 1 cup water and cook until the water dries up or the vegetables are cooked.
11. Add fried rice and mix well.
12. Cover and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
13. Garnish with fried onion and cashewnuts.
Cooking time: 50-60 minutes