• Tomatoes – 2 nos.
• Onions – 3 nos.
• Capsicum – 1 no.
• Coriander leaves few sprigs
• For Seasoning-
• Oil – 3 tsp.
• Red Chillies – 2 to 3 (depending upon how spicy you want)
• Mustard – 1 tsp.
• Urad dhal – 2 tsp.
• Asafoetida – 1 tsp.
• Salt to taste
- Wash and cut the vegetables into small pieces separately.
- Heat the oil in a pan and when it is hot put the mustard and add the ulud dhal, red chillies and asafoetida after the mustard splutters.
- Add the onions and capsicum and fry for some time. Add salt.
- When the onion is brown in colour add the tomatoes and keep frying till all the water is absorbed.
- Add finely cut coriander leaves. Mix this mixture well.
- Allow the mixture to cool then grind it into a fine paste.
- This chutney can be had with dosas, idlies, chapattis and also can be mixed with rice and made into tomato rice. This chutney can be spread on pizzas base topped with generous amount of cheese and then baked. Homemade pizza ready.
Recipe courtesy of Shanta