• 1 cup – green lentil, soaked for 1-2 hours
• 1/4 cup – black gram, soaked for 1-2 hours
• 1/2 cup – yogurt
• 1 tsp – ginger-garlic paste
• 1/2 tsp – fruit salt
• Salt to taste
• For Tadka:
• 3 tsp – cooking oil
• 1/2 tsp – Mustard Seeds
• 1/2 tsp – Cumin seeds
• 1/4 tsp – sesame seeds
• For Garnish:
• 2 to 3 tsp – chopped coriander
- Grind the soaked green lentils and black gram to a batter by adding water as required.
- Transfer it to a big bowl and add yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, and green chillies to it.
- Mix well and make a smooth batter.
- Add fruit salt into it and whisk it for a while, to make the batter fluffy.
- Grease a steamer plate with 2-3 drops of oil.
- Pour this mixture in it and spread it evenly.
- Steam it for around 20-25 minutes on medium-high flame.
- Cool for 10 minutes cut into diamond shape.
- Heat oil and splutter mustard, cumin seeds, then add sesame seeds and immediately pour this mixture on dhokla pieces.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
- Recipe Courtesy: My Own Food Court
Recipe courtesy of Shruthi