• 1/2 kg – desiccated Coconut (dry)
• 250g – mawa
• 1/2 kg – Sugar
• few drops – Saffron colour
• 1 big glass – water
• 3 to 4 – varak leaves
• 1.5 tsp – Ghee (for greasing)
- Boil the water and sugar till you get a one-thread consistency.
- While the water is being boiled, add the saffron colour.
- In a big non-stick kadai (preferably), saute the mawa on a low flame till the ghee from the mawa starts separating.
- Mix the desiccated coconut and the mawa in a thali.
- Add this mixture to the sugar syrup and mix it well.
- Grease another thali with a tsp of ghee.
- Put the mixture in the thali.
- Grease your palm with some ghee and evenly press the mixture in the thali.
- Put the varak leaves evenly on the mithai and cut it into diamond shaped pieces.
- Let it cool for an hour before you remove the pieces from the thali.
Recipe courtesy of Anita Raheja