Nimki, it is traditional tea time snack which is also very popular as Diwali celebration snack. It is a savory cracker, that is packed with flavors and goes very well with tea or even can be had one its own. It looks fancy, taste amazing and quite addictive. When you eat this snack you can feel the explosion of crispy layers in your mouth. So enjoy eating with your family and friends.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 1-2 Persons
– 1 cup refined flour
– 2 tablespoons oil
– Salt to taste
– ? teaspoon kalonji
– ? teaspoon chaat masala
– Oil for frying
– 1 tablespoon refined flour
– 1 tablespoon pure ghee
How To Cook?
1. In a bowl, mix together the refined flour, kalonji and salt along with the oil.
2. Now, add water at a time and knead hard dough. Cover the dough and set aside for 15 minutes.
3. To make sata, mix together the refined flour and pure ghee in another bowl.
4. Now, take the dough and divide it into balls.
5. Roll out the ball into 10-12 inch diameter spread some sata evenly over rolled paratha and also sprinkle some chaat masala.
6. Fold this paratha and give it a triangular shape. With the help of fork make pricks on both sides.
7. Heat oil in a deep pan. Once oil is heated deep fry this nimki in hot oil until golden brown.
8. Take out the fried nimki on an absorbent paper.
9. Your crunchy savory is ready to serve.