• 250 g – Okra
• salt to taste
• 1.5 cups – plain yogurt
• For tempering:
• 2 tsp – oil
• 1 tsp – Mustard Seeds
• 1 tsp – Urad Dal
• 1 tsp – Chana dal
• 1 red chilli, halved
• 1/4 tsp – Asafoetida
• a few Curry leaves
- Finely chop the okra and set it aside.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a kadai. Add the mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal, red chilli, asafoetida and curry leaves.
- When you hear the splutter of mustard, add okra and cook over low heat until it is tender.
- After the okra is fully cooked, add salt and cook for 1 minute more.
- Allow it to cool down. Add the curd and mix it with the okra.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
Recipe courtesy of Kinnary Patel