Fried snack made of onion and covered in spicy gram flour batter
1/2 cup besan (gram flour)
1 tablespoon corn flour
2 large onions cut into rings
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
1. Mix onion, salt and red chilli powder and keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
2. Now add gram flour, cornflour, add very little water, approximately 1 tablespoon, to the mixture if required to mix well. (Use your hands for better results).
3. Drop a small mound of onion rings mixture into oil and deep fry until golden brown and crispy.
4. Drain on absorbent paper.
5. Sprinkle chaat masala on top and serve hot.
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes