• 1/4 cup – Barley
• 4-5 Sticks Dried Winter melon (Optional)
• 1/2 cup to 1 cup – Fresh Orange Juice
• 5-6 cups – Water
• Sugar to taste.
- Wash the barley and cook in a wide saucepan with 5-6 cups of water until soft.
- If you are using dried winter melon, add it while cooking the barley. It takes an additional 10 to 12 mins.
- Now let it cool.
- Then sieve the winter melon sticks and the barley. Reserve the water.
- Now take the reserved water and add the freshly made orange juice to this.
- Mix well and refrigerate this for an hour.
- Serve cool.
- Decorate with orange segments.
- Recipe courtesy: Jeyashri’s Kitchen