• 1 packet – Paneer
• pinch of cooking soda
• 1/4 tsp – Rava (Sooji)
• 1/4 tsp – Maida
• 1 cup – Sugar
• Cardamom powder
- To the paneer, add sooji, maida, soda, 1/2 cup sugar, and mix well.
- Lightly grease a non-stick pan, put on low heat, add the paneer mixture. Cover and let cook.
- When one side is light brown, remove the cake on a plate and slide it back into the same pan to cook the other side to brown.
- Meanwhile, make chashni (sugar syrup) by adding 1/2 cup sugar to 1 cup water. Add cardamom powder and cook.
- When the paneer cake is done, pour hot chashni on the top, while it still hot.
- Cover and let it cook on slow heat for a minute.
- Then let the paneer cake cool to room temperature. Cut into slices and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Indira Bhandari