Hot and spicy chinese snack made with paneer
2 cups paneer (cottage cheese) sliced into 2.5 to 3 inch rectangles
1 tablespoon plain flour (maida)
1 tablespoon cornflour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
1 cup sliced onion
1 cup sliced capsicum
1/2 cup sliced green chilies
Ajinomotto a pinch (optional)
1 tablespoon soya sauce
1 tablespoon red chilli sauce
1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
1 teaspoon black pepper powder
1/2 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon oil for frying
1. Make a thick batter with corn flour, plain flour, salt and water.
2. Dip paneer pieces in the batter, coat well and deep fry, over medium heat, until golden brown.
3. Heat oil in a wok, add Ajinomotto, stir fry ginger garlic paste, green chilies, onions and capsicum over high heat until half cooked.
4. Add salt according to the vegetables and black pepper. Remove from heat.
5. Add soya sauce, red chilli sauce, tomato ketchup and sugar.
6. Add fried paneer cubes and salt.
7. Sprinkle with a little water to make the paneer pieces moist and mix well.