• 250 gms – Cottage cheese
• 1 tsp – red chili powder
• 1.25 tsp – Mango powder
• oil for deep frying the pakoras
• For the Batter:
• 8 tbsp – gram flour
• 1.5 tsp – red chili powder
• sufficient water
• a pinch of cooking soda
• salt to taste
- Cut the cottage cheese into square, thick cubes.
- Sprinkle red chili powder and mango powder on each piece.
- Make the batter by mixing the gram flour with red chili powder, soda, salt and sufficient water to make a slightly thick batter.
- Dip each piece of cottage cheese into the batter and deep fry in heated oil till it turns golden brown.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
Recipe courtesy of Anitha Raheja