• Paneer – 1 cup ( grated or mashed)
• Fresh Bread 1/2 loaf (large sized pieces)
• Green chillies 5 (finely chopped)
• Ginger 1 piece (grated)
• Salt to taste
• Carrot 1 (grated)
• Butter – 1 tbsp
- Trim the edges of all bread slices.
- Dry grind edges to crumbs in a mixie.
- Lightly mix together paneer, chilli, ginger, salt and carrot.
- Press each slice thin with a rolling pin.
- Spread some paneer filling over the slice. Roll tightly.
- Secure with a toothpick if required. Repeat for all slices.
- Tightly roll in a wet muslin cloth.
- Refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Remove, brush with butter and 300 degrees Centigrade, or deep-fry if desired, instead of baking.
- Cut into thick wheels.
- Serve hot with sauce and cola.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering