• 400 g – Paneer (cut into thick cubes)
• 3 Capsicums (cut in large pieces)
• 3 big Onions (quartered)
• 1.5 cup – thick curds
• 5 Cloves – Garlic (crushed)
• 4 to 5 – Mint leaves (finely chopped)
• 1/2 tsp – ajwain (carom seeds)
• Â½ tsp – Garam Masala powder
• 1.5 tsp – Mango powder (amchur)
• 2 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• salt to taste
• 1 Lemon juice
- Hang the curds up in a fine muslin cloth for 40 mins.
- Add crushed garlic, mint leaves, ajwain, garam masala powder, mango powder, red chilli powder, salt and mix well.
- Marinate the paneer cubes in this mixture for an hour.
- Alternately skewer the paneer cubes, capsicums and onions.
- Lay them on the high tray. Preheat the MW + grill for 10 mins.
- Microwave at 100% power for 2 mins, then grill for 6 mins or till done to your satisfaction.
- Lay a plate underneath to catch the dripping.
- If you do not have a grill facility, lay the skewers on the turntable glass plate.
- Turn the skewers after you feel one side is done. Microwave at 100% power for 3 mins on each side.
- Serve garnished with lemon juice.
Recipe courtesy of Anita Raheja